GOTS... What does that mean in the World or Organic Clothing? Well, “The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria, backed up by independent certification of the entire textile supply chain.”. So basically it is how you know your Organic Clothing is actually organic. There are a number of benefits to having your clothing company certified by the GOTS, (Global Organic Textile Standard). Here are 5 facts about GOTS, and why we're proud that our Organic Cotton Clothing is certified by this system.
1. The GOTS standard covers the processing, manufacturing, packaging, labelling, trading and distribution of all textiles made from at least 70% certified organic natural fibres.
2. GOTS relies on a dual system to check compliance with the relevant criteria consisting of on-site auditing and residue testing.
3. GOTS is a positive ethical choice among both consumers and producers and is the most comprehensive in terms of addressing environmental issues.
4. GOTS provides a continuous quality control and certification system from field to shelf. Making sure on several steps on the way that your clothing is truly made from organically grown fibres.
5. A GOTS certified fabric is much more than just a textile which is made from organic fibres. It is made from certified fibres which are traced through the lifecycle of building the garment from the field to the final organic cotton fabric.
Having this certification on our organic clothing products ensures that we are taking the extra mile to make sure our products are healthy for the environment AND our amazing customers. It is a realistic solution to making sure our products are sustainable and safe to wear.
Madison at Salts and West